The Norwegian Gem is a Jewel class cruise ship launched by NCL in 2007. The Gem offers the nearly 2,400 passengers amazing cruises to Bermuda, Bamahas, Florida, the Eastern Caribbean, Canada and New England out of Port New York City. This Jewel Class ship offers 16 dining options, pools, hot tubs, spa, bowling alley, rock climbing wall, villas and much more. Also offered are Broadway style shows and a Nintendo Wii on a 2 story screen.
The Norwegian Pearl offers “Freestyle Cruising”. With Freestyle, you can eat anytime you want at any restaurant you want. The dress code is also very relaxed, they just ask that you do not wear shorts and tank-tops in the restaurants after 5 pm. There is one optional formal night.
The Gem offers luxurious villas, penthouses, and suites that include a private courtyard area. The balcony rooms, with floor to ceiling windows, average 205 sq ft and can fit between 2-4 people, some being family balcony rooms. Ocean view (window and porthole) and inside rooms are also available for the more budget oriented cruisers.
There are 16 dining options when cruising on the pearl. While the majority of them are included in the cruise fare, there are a few that require an additional fee for dining.
- Bali Hai Bar & Grill – Hot air balloon themed bar.
- Blue Lagoon – 24 hr eatery featuring hamburgers to fast-wok dishes
- Garden Cafe/Kids Cafe – Made to order stations with always changing menu. Fresh salad and desert bar
- Grand Pacific Main Dining Room
- Great Outdoors – Buffet on back deck of the ship
- Magenta Main Dining Room
- Room Service – 24/7 room service (delivery charge from Midnight to 5 am)
- Topsiders Bar and Grill – Poolside
- Cagney’s Steakhouse – $25 person Upscale 1930’s American Steakhouse
- La Cucina Italian Restaurant – $10 person Italian eatery reflecting a village Trattoria
- Le Bistro French Restaurant – $20 person
- Orchid Garden Asain Restaurant – $15 person Japanese/Thai/Chinese
- Pizza 24/7 – $5 person 24 hr delivery pizza to anywhere on the ship
- Sushi – $15 person Sushi and Sashimi prepared as you watch
- Teppanyaki – $25 person Authentic teppanyaki room
- Tequila Latin Restaurant – $10 person Hot and spicy latin/tapas foods
Norwegian Gem Pool
Fun, Entertainment, Play
The Gem’s sundeck offers several pools, a kid’s pool, water slides, 6 hot tubs, and plenty of loungers to soak in some sun. The Topsiders’s Bar and Grill is also located here.
The casino on the Norwegian Gem features a circus theme reflecting bold and brash colors of traditional traveling circuses at the turn of the century.
Another great feature on the Gem is a 4 lane bowling alley. With funky lighting and neon colored bowling balls, it makes for a great experience on the seas and worth the small cover charge ($5 per person per game).
The Gem also has a basketball/volleyball/tennis court, Body Waves fitness center, walking/jogging track, and a card room to play all types of board games. If you are looking for a quiet place to read, there is also a library on board.
There is also a meeting room that holds up to 60. It can be divided up into 3 separate smaller rooms . This makes for the Gem to be a great way to combine business with pleasure.
The Leopard Lounge is a teen hangout center. There is also a video arcade and a Tree Tops Kid’s Club for toddlers with an indoor jungle gym/obstacle crouse.
The Stardust Theater holds 1,042 passengers and is the home for the Broadway and Vegas style shows that are presented nightly. There are also comedy shows, shows for the family, game shows and more!
There is also a small chapel, and the LifeStyle room. The LifeStyle room is a quiet place to write letters, play cards or read a book.
Want to cruise like a pro? Check out some insider secrets to saving money on cruises and avoid the 20 mistakes that most cruisers make with the Intelligent Cruiser here (Sponsored).
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing