Having a balcony on a cruise will give you a quiet place to relax and enjoy beautiful views of the ocean. The most popular balcony cabins to get on a cruise are aft balconies. While these are usually the most expensive, besides suites, they are usually the largest and also offer you the best change at getting a call from the upgrade fairy.
While you have your own private place to enjoy on the ship, there are some important things to remember when having a balcony stateroom.
The most important thing to be reminded of is that you have neighbors. I have read some absolute horror stories of what people have done on their balconies. Ask yourself, would you want your neighbor doing this?
- Don’t feed the seagulls. Imagine spending a relaxing afternoon on your balcony only to have the room above you feeding the birds. We all know what happens when you are directly under a bird too long, it’s not fun.
- If you are a smoker, don’t smoke your neighbors off their balcony. Some cruise lines have already made a no smoking policy on balconies because of this.
- Please do NOT ever peek over the divider to see what your neighbors are up to. You would be surprised how many cruisers do this.
- Private things that belong in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom.
- If it is late, try to keep your voice down and don’t yell. Many cruisers love to keep their doors open and listen to the waves as they fall asleep.
A good rule of thumb would be to act like you would like everyone around you to act. Having a balcony on a cruise can really be that place to get away from it all and just relax. Don’t ruin it for the rooms around you.
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing