Christian cruises have really taken off in popularity the past few years. A Christian cruise is where an agency rents out the entire ship for a cruise, offers Christian entertainment while the casino is closed and no alcohol is served. This creates a nice Christian atmosphere that has lead to their popularity. These cruises often cost 2-3 times the normal price of the cruise. If you are interested in going on one, don’t wait until the last minute, many are sold out months in advance.
It is worth noting that some of these cruises do not charter the entire ship, so alcohol is served and the casino is open. If you are able to book the same cruise directly through the cruiseline, then the ship is not chartered.
There are several different cruises that bring in national singing groups and popular Christian pastors and speakers to speak during the cruise. The cruises are generally the 4 day trip to the Bahamas and take place in the winter, because who doesn’t want to get away from the cold and head to the Bahamas in February? However, there are Christian cruises through the year that visit ports in Mexico, Alaska, and throughout the Caribbean that are a week long.
Christian Cruises for 2013-2014
Alaska Cruise with Dr. Paul Chappell
2013: West Coast Baptist Alaska Cruise will take place on the Norwegian Jewel cruise ship from August 3-10, 2013. Special speakers include Dr R.B. Oullette, Dr. Don Sisk, Dr. David Gibbs Jr, and Dr. Dave McCoy. Special music will be provided by Lancaster Baptist Church. The cruise will stops in the ports of Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, and Victoria, British Columbia. 2013 West Coast Alaska Cruise
Singing at Sea
2013: February 11-16, 2013, the cruise will once again take place on the Carnival Fascination and visit Freeport, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau Bahamas. Singing groups that will be on the 2013 sailing include the Perrys, Kingdon Heirs, Inspirations, Tribute Quartet, Gold City, Jeff & Sheri Easter, Rochesters, Brian Free & Assurance, Kingsmen, Mark Biship, Karen Peck & New River and many more. Ralph Sexton Jr, Larry Brown and Phil Hoskins will be leading Bible studies. Comedy will be provided by Geraldine & Ricky & Aaron Wilburn. Singing at Sea 2013
2014: February 3-8, 2014 Details to be announced.
Friends & Family Music Cruise
2013: ( SOLD OUT) The 10th anniversary of the KLove Friends & Family cruise will take place from Jan. 31- Feb. 4, 2013. The cruise will take place on the Carnival Destiny and sail from Miami to Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. National recording artists Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Natalie Grant, Kutless, Brandon Health, Sanctus Real, Tenth Avenue North, Building 429, Peter Furler and several other groups will be providing entertainment. Friends & Family Cruise 2013
2014: The 2014 KLove cruise will be the first 5 night cruise in the 11 year history of the Friends & Family Music Cruise. The cruise will take place on the Carnival Victory out of Miami, Fl and will stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman Island. Payment plans are available and KLove have yet to announce the artists or entertainers that will be on this cruise. Friends & Family Cruise 2014
Gaither Homecoming Cruise
Bill Gaither and friends will be having a 7 night Carribean cruise from February 22 through March 1, 2014 . Artists that will be on this cruise are the Gaither Vocal Band, the Nelons, Russ Taff, the Isaacs, Martins and several other groups. The cruise will take place on Holland America’s ms Westerdam sailing out of Ft Lauderdale, Florida and will stop in the ports of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, Grand Cayman Island, Cozumel, Mexico, and Key West, Florida. Gaither Caribbean Cruise
David Jeremiah Alaskan Cruise
Turning Point Ministries will be having a week long Alaskan cruise from July 20-27, 2013 on Holland America’s ms Westerdam. The cruise will leave out of Seattle, WA and stop in the ports of Juneau, Glacier Bay, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Victoria, BC. Joining David Jeremiah will be Marshall Hall, Ian Oakley, Dennis Swanber, and Jan & Dan. David Jeremiah Cruise
Gospel Music Celebration Cruises
If you’re looking for plenty of Southern Gospel music mixed with all the fine amenities of luxurious cruising, Gospel Music Celebration offers 2 cruises to 2 different parts of the world. The Alaskan cruise takes place July 14-21, 2013 and leaves out of Seattle, WA. The Caribbean cruise is from January 18-25, 2014 and departs from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Southern Gospel singing groups Legacy 5, Greater Vision, Booth Brothers, Triumphant Quartet, Collingsworth Family and more will be there to sing and entertain you as you cruise. These cruises are on Holland American ships. Check out the flyer here and for more information, check out gospelmusiccelebration.com.
Other Christian Cruises in 2013-14
- Gospel Music Celebration January 19-26, 2013 on Holland America’s Five Star msEurodam. Week long cruise to the Eastern Caribbean featuring Legacy Five, Collingsworth Family, Booth Brothers, Greater Vision and many more.
- Crabb Fest at Sea January 21-26, 2013 Join the Crabb and Bowling families as they take a 5 night Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Paradise.
- Kathy Troccoli & Friends February 3-10, 2013 on Holland America’s msWesterdam. Cruise stops in ports Grand Turk, San Juan, Puerto Rico, St Maarten, and Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. Groups include Point of Grace, Don Moen, Jennifer Rothschild, Scott Krippayne and others.
- Sandi Patti & Friends March 3-10, 2013 on Holland America’s msWesterdam. Cruise stops in ports Half Moon Cay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Mexico, and Key West, Florida.
- VeggieTales 20th Anniversary June 16-22, 2013
- Insight for Living June 29 – July 6, 2013 with Chuck Swindoll
- Gospel Music Celebration Cruise July 14-21, 2013 Cruise to Alaska with Legacy 5, Booth Brothers, Ken Davis, Collingsworth Family, and more.
- Cruise with a Cause June 1-6, 2013 Missions cruise to Port-au-Prince Haiti with Josh McDowell, Steven Curtis Chapman, Bishop Charles Blake, Kari Jobe, Dr Johnny Hunt, Lex Luger, Matthew Hagee, Newsong, Russ Taft, Marvin Sapp along with many others.
- Gospel Music Celebration Cruise January 18-25, 2014 Week long Caribbean cruise with Greater Vision, Legacy 5, Triumphants, Booth Bothers and other artists.
- Sandi Patty Caribbean Cruise February 23- March 2, 2014 Guest include Jason Crabb, Larnell Harris, Angie Smith, Selah, Jim Lyon and others
- Mark Schultz and Friends March 30 – April 6, 2014 Week long Caribbean cruise, artist details have yet to be announced.
- Cruise with a Cause June 1-6, 2014 Missions cruise to Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Michael W. Smith Alaskan Cruise July 6-14, 2014 Reservations will be begin in January of 2013. Artists have yet to be announced for this cruise.
Cruise Fever will continue to update this page as future Christian cruises are announced.
Want to cruise like a pro? Check out some insider secrets to saving money on cruises and avoid the 20 mistakes that most cruisers make with the Intelligent Cruiser here.